Postcard Entry #5 - "Future"
Today in Digital Storytelling, we listened to stories from Sedona, Arizona. These stories were often based on people and their family members including their personal memories of them. Although my relevant story may be small, I thought it fit the theme of today's stories.
My nephew, Aidan, who is five years old plays minor hockey. This weekend, I had my first chance to watch him play hockey in Blenheim's own Memorial Arena. Aidan plays for West Lorne, although he live in Rodney, it's one of the larger communities in the area. From what I had overheard, there are two teams from West Lorne; one had the "superstars" and this one.
Watching five year old children skate on ice is fun. While they can hold up on their own, they do often fall over, sometimes into their own teammates. Aidan had not scored any goals, and was put in goalie once, where unfortunately he let in two goals. His team did have a very good player, who scored all of their goals. The game was tied for awhile, but Blenheim ran away with it.
I would like to teach him one day how to become a better player. Right now would not be a good time, as he is still very young. I will wait until he has a few years experience and show him some things.
This is a story based off any and all the stories we listened to today in Digital Storytelling. I talked about my nephew playing hockey this past weekend. Hockey is a big part of my life and hopefully it will be apart of his too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment