Reflection Entry #4 - "Running Man"
This story talks about a man who was inspired by a running legend when he was young. The legend was named Guto Nyth Bran. He ran his last race in the man's hometown. He speaks how every runner has its memory and can be related to a place, event, etc. He still runs....
I relate to this story because I use to run cross country when I was in elementary school. I used to love running really early in the morning before we had classes. Grade Six through Grade Eight, I joined the cross country team and competed in yearly events. I remember placing 7th, 10th, and 12th in all of Chatham-Kent in their respective years. It was a good accomplishment. In Grade Six, there were three of us who were good friends (and neighbours). One of my friends who lived a street over from us, won the school's award for cross country. The next year, my next door neighbour won it. Finally, in Grade Eight, I had won the award.
The event that reminds me of this story was when I had injured my shoulder but still showed up for practice. It's a memory that still stands in my mind. I wish I had continued in high school but chose not too.
This reflection story is based off a man who runs everyday due to a legend in his childhood. I related to this story because I used to run cross country in elementary school. A certain event where I had injured my shoulder inspired me to reflect on this story.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment